I’ve never seen a green COW, but that doesn’t mean they don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! Here’s a writing challenge full of leprechauns, rainbows, pots of gold, and other magical mysteries from the Emerald Isle.
For this writing challenge, copy the St. Patrick’s Day Bonus Word List and assign it to the class.
Have your writers choose one of the following prompts:
1. The best way to catch a leprechaun is . . .
2. I finally found the end of the rainbow! But instead of finding a pot of gold, I found . . .
3. When I saw the four leaf clover, I picked it, and suddenly . . .
4. I woke up one morning and noticed that everything in the entire world was green. I jumped out of bed and . . .
5. As a leprechaun, I love to play pranks on humans. For example, last year, I . . .
6. The leprechaun granted me three wishes. My first wish was . . .
7. No prompt. Just get writing!