On August 1st, 2015, Alieo Games will be unleashing COW 2.0 upon an unsuspecting world! We’ve been working on revamping the site in a big way. Included in COW 2.0 are a number of new features to make COW an even more effective tool for improving student writing and enhancing classroom instruction. Over the next few blog posts, we’ll be highlighting some of the new features of COW 2.0.
Class and School Usage Stats
Teachers and Admins will now have a veritable smorgasbord of stats on student use of COW. These stats will include:
- number of student logins over the past week.
- number of words written on a daily or weekly basis.
- number of daily writing sessions.
- top students writers for a week and for the year.
- a list of students who have not used COW over the past week.
These stats provide teachers and administrators with a quick and insightful overview of how COW is being used by their students. By more closely monitoring student usage of COW, teachers will be better able to adapt their instructional approaches in writing.