This week’s COW Writing Challenge revolves around this image. Door #17 was part of an art installation in Nova Scotia. As soon as I saw it, I was intrigued by the possibilities.
1. If you go through this door, where do you end up?
2. If you knocked on this door, who would answer?
3. Why is there a ’17’ on the door?
4. Who put this door here, and why?
5. If the door was locked, how could you open it?
Doorways offer all sorts of possibilities. They symbolize hope, possibilities, moving on into something new, and, of course, intrigue. What really is on the other side of that door?
Doors have played a significant role a number of classic stories. In The Secret Garden, a door leads children into a magical garden. Alice had to pass through a tiny door to enter into Wonderland.
So, what wonderful, magical realm exists on the other side of door #17?