Every January, predictions are made for what we might expect in the year ahead. Many of these predictions amount to rampant speculation. In this week’s COW Writing Challenge, students are given free reign to look at the year ahead and make their own bold predictions for 2016.
Some may wish to play it safe, predicting that June will be followed by July. While others may wish to peer deeply into their crystal ball and make predictions that verge on the outrageous. If your students are wondering about what sort of predictions to make, they may want to think about making predictions on:
1. something unexpected that happens during the Super Bowl.
2. a surprise winner at the Academy Awards.
3. a person who becomes famous in an unexpected way.
4. strange weather patterns.
5. something that visits Earth from outer space.
6. a new musical sensation.
7. a great scientific discovery.
8. a new invention that will change the world.
We also predict that your students should have a thought-provoking and entertaining time making their outlandish predictions for the year 2016!