At one time or another, many of us have wished to have some sort of superpower. Whether it’s the ability to fly, read minds, bend large steel pipes with our bare hands, or find a word that actually rhymes with orange, the superpower we desire is a telling reflection upon something within ourselves.
In this week’s COW Writing Challenge, we are asking students to imagine what life would be like if they could have any superpower they wished. Before the writing session, have your students think about the following questions:
1. What superpower would you like to have?
2. Why would you want such a superpower?
3. What good would you do for the world with your superpower?
4. In what ways, good or bad, might your life change by having this superpower?
5. Is there a story behind how you gained your superpower?
Choosing a superpower could be the first step to developing a superhero persona. Students may wish to develop a whole series of stories based upon their own superhero persona, saving the world from a series of dastardly villains.
We wonder . . . will any of your students wish for the superpower of wildly imaginative writing?