All fishing stories are true, right?
Okay, so fishing stories do have a reputation for being prone to exaggeration. With this visual prompt, here is your students’ chance to let their imaginations run wild, creating the most outrageous fishing story ever told. Before they start writing, here are a few things they can think about to get their imaginations going:
- What might be lurking under the water?
- What kind of special bait are these men using?
- What happens when they cast their lines?
- What do they hook?
- What happened when they fought the fish (or whatever it was) on the end of their line?
- What happened when they landed their catch in the boat?
Have fun writing a fishy tale!